Zilingo Pte is set to enter liquidation, capping a months-long crisis that shocked Asia’s technology and startup industries.
The Singapore-based fashion-tech company’s board appointed EY Corporate Services Pte as provisional liquidator, people familiar with the matter said, asking not to be named as the matter is private. The board informed major shareholders and creditors of its decision, they said. The board declined to comment for this story.
The liquidation process spells an end to a startup whose implosion and months-long battle for survival sent shock waves through Southeast Asia and India’s tech industries. The once high-flying company pitched into a downward spiral after complaints of financial irregularities, culminating in the dismissal of high-profile co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Ankiti Bose, 31, in May.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.