The crypto market continued to recover in the past week, with Bitcoin and Ethereum rising 10 per cent to $20,943 and $1,550, respectively. The total market cap was up from $907 billion to $975 billion during the week. However, it touched $1 trillion on Thursday, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
There was a blip in the market on Thursday after the US agencies arrested the founder of Hong Kong-based crypto exchange Bitzlato.
"Bitcoin began the week by reaching a new high of $21,000, driven by investor optimism following a report on consumer prices that showed a decrease in inflation numbers for January. This surge also caused the total market value of cryptocurrencies to surpass $1 trillion for the first time since November. Bitcoin and Ethereum reached a two-month high during this period. However, prices dropped slightly on Thursday due to the US government's crackdown on the Bitzlato exchange and uncertainty surrounding Genesis,&q
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.