Gold prices remained unchanged on Friday, with 10 grams of the yellow metal (24-carat) trading at Rs 56,730. Silver prices fell Rs 300 from yesterday's close. The precious metal is selling at Rs 71,900 per kg.
The price of 22-carat gold also remained unchanged from yesterday's close at Rs 52,000 per 10 grams, according to the GoodReturns website.
In Mumbai, Kolkata, and Hyderabad, 10 gram of 24-carat and 22-carat gold is selling at Rs 56,730 and Rs 52,000, respectively.
In Delhi, 10 grams of 24-carat and 22-carat gold are trading at Rs 56,890 and Rs 52,150, respectively. In Chennai, 10 gram of 24-carat and 22-carat gold are selling at Rs 57,710 and Rs 52,900, respectively.
US gold prices rose over 1% on Thursday, supported by a weaker dollar and some safe-haven demand as weak US economic readings and hawkish comments from Federal Reserve officials fuelled recession worries.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.