Gold prices remained unchanged on Monday, with 10 grams of the yellow metal (24-carat) trading at Rs 57,060. Silver prices too remained unchanged. The precious metal is selling at Rs 72,300 per kg.
The price of 22-carat gold also remained unchanged from yesterday's close at Rs 52,250 per 10 grams, according to the GoodReturns website.
US gold prices rose on Monday, as a softer dollar and prospects of slower interest rate hikes by the U.S. Federal Reserve boosted bullion's appeal.
Spot gold was up 0.3% at $1,932.12 per ounce, as of 0255 GMT. US gold futures also rose 0.3% to $1,934.70
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.