Despite the benchmark index, Nifty 50 succeeds in conquering the Budget 2023 high on Wednesday; nearly half of its constituents failed to reach their respective peaks. In total, 23 stocks out of 50 have lagged in recouping their budget day highs.
On Febuary 1st, the Nifty 50 index hit an intraday high of 17,972.20 level, which it struggled to cross since then. It took 10 sessions to claim the lost territory.
The lists of 23 stocks include well-known names like Bharat Petroleum Corporation, Coal India, Divi's Laboratories, Eicher Motors, Housing Development Finance Corporation, Maruti Suzuki India, Adani Enterprises and Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Repo Rate Hike: Banking stocks may see sell-off if index stays under 42K
Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland, Eicher eye up to 17% gains, charts show
Can Bira 91 deal trigger gains for alcohol stocks? Here's what charts say
M&M Finance, Blue Star: Trading strategies for 5 highly overbought stocks
Nifty Pharma index surpasses 200-DMA; Cipla, Granules can soar up to 15%
IT shares in focus; TCS hits 9-mth high; Tech Mahindra surges 11% in 2 days
Indian shares rise after US retail sales data lifts global sentiment
Shares of ONGC, Oil India fire up as govt slashes windfall tax sharply
New tax norm to hurt insurers; stocks attractive for the long run: Analysts
InterGlobe Aviation slips 5% after 4% equity changes hands via block deal
B P C L