Shares of Indian Bank rallied 5 per cent to Rs 295 in Monday’s intra-day trade, on healthy outlook. The stock of state-owned lender traded close to its 52-week high level of Rs 306, which it had touched on December 14, 2022. In comparison, the S&P BSE Sensex was down 0.07 per cent at 59,290 at 02:55 pm. Indian Bank reported nearly two-fold jump in profit at Rs 1,396 crore in the quarter ended December 2022 (Q3FY23), driven by increase in interest income and decline in bad loans. The net profit of the lender stood at Rs 690 crore in a year ago quarter (Q3FY22).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Analysts see pressure on RIL, OMC's profitability amid firm oil prices
Despite 22% jump in 3 months, analysts see more upside in Nifty PSB index
NSE indices rejig: Adani Enterprises, Adani Total, HAL can rally up to 10%
ONGC, Oil India to gain most from gas price hike; IGL worst hit: Analysts
Analysts bet on consumer financiers as festive cheer perks up loan demand
Heranba Industries tanks 20%, hits record low on weak Q3 results
Adani group's market rout hits $66 bn as fight with Hindenburg escalates
Sun Pharma nears 52-week high ahead of Q3 results; stock up 7% in a month
Rail Vikas, Titagarh: Bullish trend in railway-related stocks may continue
Adani rebuttal to Hindenburg fails to stem concern, bond plunge quickens