Reopening of China’s economy after years of strict Zero-Covid policies may trigger fresh rallies in metal stocks globally. The policy shift could boost the demand for various assets classes from commodities, equities to currencies.
Also, as the economy slowly returns to normalcy, the capex push may revive the hope of the slowing economy.
Meanwhile, over half of the stocks in Nifty Metal Index are trading with a bullish sentiment ahead of Budget 2023, defying vulnerability over the existing volatility. Shares of Hindustan Zinc, Jindal Steel & Power, Jindal Stainless, and APL Apollo Tubes have recently recorded successive peaks.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland, Eicher eye up to 17% gains, charts show
LIC, Indiabulls Housing Finance struggle on charts; HDFC eyes Rs 2,700-mark
Can Bira 91 deal trigger gains for alcohol stocks? Here's what charts say
Nifty Pharma index surpasses 200-DMA; Cipla, Granules can soar up to 15%
Sugar stocks to sweeten in 2023; Dwarikesh, Renuka can rally up to 37%
Gravita India surges 8% to hit record high after strong Q3 results
Profit-booking in Axis Bank after strong Q3 results, stock slumps 2%
HDFC Bank rallies 7% in six days; stock inches towards all-time high
Stocks to Watch: Axis Bank, Maruti, ConCor, HFCL, Zomato, BoB, Gold related
MARKET LIVE: Sensex up 100 pts, Nifty near 18150; broader indices in red