Mutual fund (MF) investors redeemed over Rs 40,000 crore from systematic investment plan (SIP) accounts in the last six months (second half, or H2) of Calendar 2022 (H2CY22). The figure is 36 per cent higher than the redemptions in the first half of CY22 - the period when SIP investors had taken out Rs 30,000 crore, reveals an analysis of data from the Association of Mutual Funds in India.
The redemptions were exceptionally high in November when benchmark market indices – the S&P BSE Sensex and the National Stock Exchange Nifty - had scaled fresh peaks.
Industry executives had attributed the high redemptions to profit-booking by retail investors.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.