With the National Stock Exchange extending the market trade timing for interest rate derivatives, PRAKARSH GAGDANI, chief executive officer, 5paisa, tells Puneet Wadhwa in an interview that while the cost of running the broking business will increase, the fatigue of longer trading hours for regular traders will soon weigh in. Edited excerpts:
Do you think the markets can correct from here on?
The recent federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting minutes have indicated that the Fed is inclined towards more hikes in the near future to curb inflation. However, the global markets have mostly discounted this. Investors would wait for more clarity on when the inflation would start cooling and the Fed would pivot, which could then lead to the next bull-market in equities. But till then, we could see the markets oscillating within a broad range; and thus, we expect some time-wise correction in the short term.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.