Shares of Usha Martin moved higher by 8 per cent to Rs 198.75 on the BSE in Wednesday’s intra-day trade amid heavy volumes. In the past one month, the stock of the iron & steel products company has zoomed 50 per cent, as compared to 0.41 per cent decline in the S&P BSE Sensex. It had hit a record high of Rs 198.95 on January 2, 2023. Last month, Usha Martin was the top monthly gainer among the S&P BSE Smallcap index constituents as it gained 50 per cent. By comparison, the SmallCap index was down 2.5 per cent during the period. Moreover, in the past one year, the market price of the company has more-than-doubled, zooming 115 per cent, as against a marginal 0.39 per cent rise in the Sensex.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Usha Martin surges 13% on heavy volumes; stock nears record high
Macro issues not impacting demand: Mercedes India CEO Martin Schwenk
Legendary sprinter P T Usha becomes first woman president of IOA
Santosh Iyer to lead Mercedes in India as Martin Shwenk moves to Thailand
A tough track for Usha
Eureka Forbes hits record high; rallies 20% in 3 weeks on healthy outlook
Landmark Cars surges 7%, hits new high on strong business update
NTPC, Reliance, Adani top green hydrogen plays to bet on, say analysts
Consumer Index sees trend reversal ahead of Budget; M&M, ITC near breakout
HDFC Bank, HDFC extend gains; advance over 3% in two trading days