Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www-business-standard-com-nalsar.knimbus.com or the Business Standard newspaper
Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis recently said Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar had backed his plan in 2019 to form the government with his nephew Ajit Pawar, and that this statement was “100 per cent true” and he was not lying. “Whatever I had said was 100 per cent true, and there was no lie in it. I won’t speak today on various interpretations that are being derived. I want to speak more on this, and I will speak at an appropriate time and that time is yet to come,” Mr Fadnavis told reporters in Pune.
To this Sharad Pawar said: “I felt that Devendra was a cultured person and a gentleman. I never felt that he would take recourse to falsehood and make such a statement.”
Another interesting chapter was thus opened in the story of exactly what went down on November 23, 2019. Bhagat Singh Koshyari, then governor, swore in Mr Fadnavis as chief minister (CM) and Ajit Paw
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.