Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www-business-standard-com-nalsar.knimbus.com or the Business Standard newspaper
Any study on urbanisation and prosperity takes a strategic direction to approach its increasing role in overall sustainable development. Urbanisation is one of the most important global trends of the 21st century, as cities rapidly grow as a habitat for humanity.
At the same time, urbanisation is more than just a population trend. It is an expansive force that might be able to assist the world in overcoming some of its most pressing problems — climate change, sustainable development, and the global social agenda, if steered properly.
Undoubtedly, cities have become the focal point of change and growth. They have been able to create new connections between stakeholders and provide creative solutions, giving impetus to actions that affect national agendas as well as regional and global development. Yet, the likelihood of promoting long-term sustainable urban prosperity is reduced by inadequate planning, the absence of efficient governance and l
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.