Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www-business-standard-com-nalsar.knimbus.com or the Business Standard newspaper
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has now published five volumes of its history. It was kind enough to send me the latest volume. But this article is not a review of the book. It’s about how the RBI, truly a national treasure, goes about writing its history.
The first two took 28 years from 1970 to 1998. The next three have been published in quick time, in just 17 years.
This acceleration is something worth wondering about. Would it not be better to let some time elapse before embarking on the history of a period?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.