Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www-business-standard-com-nalsar.knimbus.com or the Business Standard newspaper
So the Bharat Jodo Yatra has ended. It was organised by the Congress party and lasted around five months, during which time its leader Rahul Gandhi walked 3,500 kilometres from Kerala to Kashmir. Good for him.
The Yatra was not his idea, but its message was. The guys who thought up the Yatra didn't want it to be completely apolitical, but that's what Rahul wanted. So they repurposed it as a rebranding of Rahul.
Good for them, too, though we don't know why a politician would want to be branded as a not-politician. I mean, how can we trust a saint to be a prime minister?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.