Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www-business-standard-com-nalsar.knimbus.com or the Business Standard newspaper
Coca-Cola is bringing back its global music property Coke Studio to India after a gap of eight years, and rebranding it as Coke Studio Bharat. The new season of Coke Studio will feature an amalgamation of over 50 artists from across India, especially the hinterlands. The platform will witness the coming together of this massive ocean of talent to create over 10 memorable tracks celebrating the roots of India.
This season of Coke Studio is being curated by musician-songwriter Ankur Tewari, who will be assisted by a think-tank comprising poet-lyricist Kausar Munir and music producer K J Singh. The artists and musicians line-up includes varied talent from Armaan Malik to Diljit Dosanjh, to Jasleen Royal, to the Shillong Chamber Choir. Regional Indian instruments like alghoza, chimta, duff, sarod, sarangi, tumbi, and rabaab will be specially highlighted in the music.
Coke Studio owes its origins to Brazil where it was first staged as a musical concert
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.