The pictures of destruction caused by the earthquake in Turkey and Syria have shaken many. Frank Hoogerbeets, a Dutch researcher who predicted the series of massive earthquakes, says the India-Pakistan-Afghanistan region is also susceptible to such tremors.
While natural calamities and the damage they cause are not under one’s control, one can pay a small premium and hedge the risk arising from such events.
“Home insurance is not as popular as other forms of insurance. But it makes sense to safeguard your home, one of your most important assets, with adequate insurance cover, especially if you live in a place prone to natural calamities,” says Tarun Mathur, co-founder & chief business officer-general insurance, Policybazaar.com.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.