What were the key changes brought about in the amendment to EPS-1995 scheme in 2014?
The Union government had amended the Employee’s Pension Scheme (EPS) 1995. These amendments came into effect from September 1, 2014.
“The pensionable salary cap was increased from Rs. 6,500 to Rs. 15,000 per month as a result of the EPS amendment,” says Aditya Chopra, managing partner, Victoriam Legalis - Advocates & Solicitors.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.