Despite 2022 being a turbulent year when the Nifty 50 total return index barely managed to eke out a return of 5.7 per cent, 27.7 million demat accounts were added. This was only slightly lower than the 30.8 million accounts added in 2021 when the index had given a blockbuster return of 25.6 per cent. When entering the equity markets, investors need to choose their stock broker judiciously.
Price paid should match service
Minimising the brokerage fee is important since any amount saved here will augment your returns. High-value and high-frequency traders need to be especially cost-conscious. However, the pricing decision should also be made in the context of your needs.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.