After the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation’s (EPFO’s) recent circular, you may have received an email from your company’s Human Resource Department (HRD) enquiring if you wish to be part of the Joint Option Scheme. Assess the pros and cons carefully before making a decision.
What has happened?
The High Courts of Delhi, Rajasthan and Kerala had passed verdicts striking down the Employees’ Pension (Amendment) Scheme, 2014. In a November 2022 judgment, the Supreme Court (SC), however, upheld the amended scheme.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.