Amit earned a reasonable return on his mutual fund investment made 15 years back. Roshan invested Rs 50 lakh in a residential property 15 years ago and the value grew to Rs 2 crore. He was proud of this investment decision.
Roshan joins Twitter where he is told that 4X over 15 years is a return of just 9.7per cent per annum. “If he had invested this in the stock markets, his investment would have grown to around Rs 4 crore,” he was told. Roshan wonders if he made the wrong choice.
No, he did not make a wrong choice.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.