Some of the country’s top men’s Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises will participate in the auction of teams for the Women’s IPL (WIPL) to be held on Wednesday.
According to executives at the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), teams like Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, SunRisers Hyderabad, Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals, Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Punjab Kings have put in technical bids on Monday, showing their formal interest in owning a WIPL team.
According to market experts, the teams are expected to shell out in the “range of Rs 500-600 crore” per team in the closed-bid auction.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.