Debuting in the global neckband market with its Mateband N300 earphones, the Singapore-based electronics maker Costar has made a vivid attempt in marking a spot for itself by introducing a few uncommon features within the budget segment of wearable devices. Priced at Rs 799, the Mateband N300 sports a dedicated bass booster button, which makes for a great first impression. Besides, the magnetic earbuds serve a bigger purpose than just keeping the two ends together. They carry an in-built feature of switching between play and pause when in use and lying free. On that note, let us assess the efficacy of the aforementioned and other features that otherwise make the product no less than an eye-catching deal.
To begin, the Costar Mateband N300 neckband earphones seem to lag behind in terms of design and comfort. No doubt, the neckband is lightweight and designed to fit perfectly in the ear. However, compared with the build quality of its competitors in the market, it
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.