In line with the thrust on the Prime Minister Gati Shakti-National Master Plan, the government will prioritise and fast-track as many as 18 critical road infrastructure projects in the financial year 2023-24.
The Centre has set sights on 67 critical road projects that would result not only in integrated infrastructure development but also improvement of logistics efficiency across the country over the next two years, a senior government official said.
These critical projects were proposed by ministries, such as steel, chemicals and fertilisers, and ports, shipping and waterways. The projects have not only been actively discussed by an inter-ministerial panel under the Gati Shakti initiative but also at the meeting of the Group of Infrastructure Committee (that connects ministries for infrastructure projects) last week.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.