Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present her government's last full Budget before the general elections in 2024. The Union Budget for FY24 will be Sitharaman's fifth-straight Budget. Back in 2019, when she presented her first Union Budget, she drew everyone's attention by replacing the 'Budget briefcase' with a 'bahi-khata'. However, in 2021 the bahi-khata was replaced with a tablet, giving a boost to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's push for Digital India.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.