The Budget session of the Parliament will begin on January 31 and will continue till April 6, according to the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs. The session will have 27 sittings spread over 66 days with a recess in between.
President Droupadi Murmu will be addressing the joint sitting of both the Houses--the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha--in the Central Hall of Parliament on the first day. The Economic Survey will be tabled by the finance ministry on the first day of the Budget session.
On February 1, Union Minister of Finance Nirmala Sitharaman will present Budget 2023 in Parliament at around 11 a.m.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.