Bajaj Auto Managing Director Rajiv Bajaj tells Surajeet Das Gupta in an e-mail interview that the FAME II subsidy is a flawed strategy. Edited excerpts:
Do you think the FAME subsidy was needed at all for revving up the electric two-wheeler industry?
In my 30+ years at Bajaj I've witnessed engine technology change from the simple 2-stroke single cylinder carburetted air-cooled era to sophisticated 4- stroke fuel-injected, multi-valve, multi-spark, multi-cylinder, liquid-cooled engines. I’ve simultaneously witnessed emission regulations go from non- existent to BS6 which is on a par with Euro 5, the world’s best.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Bajaj Auto sales jump 7% to 331,278 units in April, exports fall 43%
Weak export mix, volume may hit Bajaj Auto Q4 revenue QoQ: Analysts
Will low exports pause the rally in auto stocks?
Weak volumes may contract Bajaj Auto's Q3 revenues up to 13% QoQ: Analysts
Should investors worry about the slowing AUM growth at Bajaj Finance?
AI cannot replace human knowledge: Metropolis Healthcare Promoter & MD
Valuation discomfort not as acute as it was 6 months ago: Prashant Khemka
Doors not shut for funding airlines; strong players creditworthy: BoB CEO
Semiconductor chip prices are up 50%: Bajaj Auto EV head Eric Vas
ONGC to invest $7 bn to reverse dip in oil & gas production: Sushma Rawat