In the wake of ONGC discovering what it describes as “notable findings” of oil and gas recently, Sushma Rawat, director (exploration) of the company spoke with Business Standard on the company’s strategy, tie ups with global majors and other issues. Edited excerpts:
How did you get to these finds?
ONGC’s relentless pursuit of exploring untapped regions has yielded these finds. By diligently analysing geological data and employing advanced technologies, the company has successfully identified substantial oil and gas reserves, reaffirming the untapped potential within the OALP blocks. The discovery represents a momentous achievement, underscoring exploration and will expand domestic production to reduce India’s reliance on imported oil and gas.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
ONGC planning to invest Rs 1 trillion to expand production capacity: Report
RBI hikes repo rate by 35 bps to 6.25%, cuts FY23 GDP forecast to 6.8%
RBI MPC: Here is what experts have to say about the policy announcement
ONGC gains 2%, hits over 6-month high on hopes of strong earnings growth
Proposed gas price revision to bring short-term relief to CGDs: Analysts
No plans to sell stake in consumer healthcare biz: Sanofi India MD Hrosz
India can repeat UPI success in e-commerce: Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
'100% sure law will be on our side', says Hero Electric CEO Sohinder Gill
Never said we are deferring our IPO plans: Pine Labs CEO B Amrish Rau
Artificial intelligence plays a role in keeping YouTube safe: MD Chatterjee
O N G C