In his last interview as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company before superannuating in June, N S KANNAN, in conversation with Subrata Panda and Manojit Saha, talks about the company having achieved much more than the target it had set for itself and its focus in the current financial year (2023-24, or FY24). Edited excerpts:
The value of new business (VNB) has doubled. Margins, too, have nearly doubled from 2018-19. Would you say you have accomplished what you had set out to achieve?
VNB has more than doubled and margins have expanded from 17 per cent to 32 per cent. We have achieved more than we had apprised the market of. We walked the talk.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.