Long queues, loud music, the trademark claps and, of course, Tim Cook opening the door — Apple’s first store in India had it all.
The crowd cheered, the Apple professionals, in green uniform, clapped and sang as the CEO welcomed the first visitors into the store at Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC), Mumbai.
On Wednesday, Cook is expected to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Electronics and Information Technology Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, and Minister of State for Electronics and IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar in Delhi.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.