Ola Electric has agreed to compensate consumers for the price of the charger which was billed separately as an add-on rather than being included within the ex-factory price of the electric scooter when they bought it.
Ola has indicated in meetings with officials of the Department of Heavy Industries that it will comply with the directive to offer this compensation.
The company, however, declined to comment.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.