Family offices across the world are betting big on the Indian start-up ecosystem as it is the most vibrant and biggest one globally, because of the large consumer market, said Lakshmi Narayanan, managing partner of Patel Family Office, one of the oldest family offices in North America. Narayanan added that ambitious valuation and transparency issues are still a major challenge for investors in the Indian startup sector.
According to estimates, India has 350 family offices at present, with an average asset under management of $100 million each. A family office is a privately held entity that manages investments and wealth for a family who have a minimum of $50-100 million. The aim of such offices is to invest the family’s private wealth.
“India is the most vibrant ecosystem at this juncture If you look at the global space, in the start-up ecosystem. At present, the US is No. 1 and the UK is going through a rough patch. The advantage
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.