In a first of its kind arrangement between two lenders, Citi and Axis Bank have agreed to co-locate or share 13 branches to ensure smooth transition of the business of the US bank to India's domestic lender.
Axis Bank, the country’s third-largest private sector lender, has acquired the consumer businesses of Citibank India and its non-banking finance arm, Citicorp Finance (India) Ltd, for Rs 11,603 crore.
On March 1, Axis Bank said that it had gained access to 21 of the Citi branches.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.