Marking a significant change to the way selling is done on Amazon.in, RattanIndia Enterprises will launch a raft of private labels that will retail on the e-commerce platform as direct-to-consumer offerings. Cocoblu Retail, RattanIndia’s fully-owned subsidiary, has emerged this year as one of the largest sellers on Amazon India, having taken a large chunk of the business that used to be with Cloudtail.
Private labels are brands owned by a retailer that does not make the goods, but gets them made through a manufacturer under its label.
Cloudtail, Amazon’s joint venture with N R Narayana Murthy’s Catamaran Advisors, was a large seller on Amazon.in till last year. But it did not have any private labels. Nor does Appario, a joint venture between Amazon and the Patni group, which is a large seller on Amazon.in but will soon be delisted from the platform. Amazon India, an online marketplace, does have its own private labels such as
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.