Business Standard

Shriram General Insurance Company plans re-entry in crop business

SGIC is all set to re-enter the crop business and also expand its presence in the non-motor segment to 15 per cent

Anil Aggarwal, Shriram General Insurance
Premium

Anil Aggarwal, MD & CEO Shriram General Insurance

Shine Jacob Chennai

Listen to This Article

A month after South African financial services group Sanlam increased its stake in Shriram General Insurance Company (SGIC), SGIC said it is in the process of diversifying its product basket.

SGIC is all set to re-enter the crop business and also expand its presence in the non-motor segment to 15 per cent.

At present, the share of its motor business is around 91.5 per cent and non-motor contributes the remaining 8.5 per cent. It plans to increase the share of non-motor business to 15 per cent by 2026-27. 

“We want to go back to the crop business also, if it

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: May 26 2024 | 5:56 PM IST

Explore News

To read the full story, subscribe to BS Premium now, at just Rs 249/ month.

Key stories on business-standard.com are available only to BS Premium subscribers.

Register to read more on Business-Standard.com