The Centre is soon likely to announce Aadhaar-based simplified Know Your Customer (KYC) norms for small savings schemes, in a bid to cut down compliance and attract more small investors into these schemes, Business Standard has learnt.
Additionally, banks and post offices will implement enhanced savings limits under Senior Citizens Savings Schemes and Monthly Income Schemes, and introduce the new Mahila Samman Savings Certificate from April 1, as announced in the 2023 Union Budget.
“Aadhaar-based simplified KYC is on the anvil, with an aim to increase access of small investors to small saving schemes,” said a senior government official.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.