The income tax department has now empowered the online forms for ITR-2 post releasing ITR-1, and ITR-4 on May 20, 2023. “Income Tax Return Form of ITR-2 is enabled to file through Online mode with prefilled data at the portal,” according to the income tax website.
On May 17, 2023, the income tax department made available the offline ITR- 2 forms for filing an income tax return (ITR) for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24). Unlike online, the Excel utility (offline) needs the taxpayer to download the form, finish it up with the important details, and afterwards upload it to the site for electronic filing.
Online ITR filing: Overview
In February of this year, the ITR forms were announced by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). The personal expense form for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) is currently being submitted. Unless the government extends the deadline, the deadline for filing an ITR for salaried taxpayers whose accounts do not need to be audited is July 31, 2023.
ITR form because they should simply compare the details there and the documentation they already have. Moreover, this information should be checked against Form 26AS and the Annual Information Statement (AIS). This is done to ensure that the taxpayers' details match with the income tax department.
Online ITR filing: Eligibility
ITR-2 can be recorded by people or HUFs who:
Are not qualified to document ITR-1 (Sahaj).
PAN-Aadhar link to ITR filing: Complete these 5 financial tasks by March 31
Income-Tax Department notifies ITR forms for filing returns for FY23
File revised income-tax return to correct errors in original ITR by Dec 31
I-T dept enables filing of income tax returns 1, 4 at e-filing portal
I-T dept releases offline forms for ITR 1, 4 for fiscal year 2022-2023
High staff attrition a significant operational risk to banks: RBI Dy Guv
Stringent rules for education loans turn parents towards gold loans
RBI Dy Guv calls for better risk management, governance at banks
Rs 500 note tightens hold as most circulated currency, show RBI data
SBI Card plans to raise Rs 3,000 cr from debentures to fund business growth
Do not have to pay from benefits and gains of business or profession and furthermore don't have pay from benefits and gains of business or profession in the idea of:
• commission or remuneration, however, it is referred to, that he receives from a partnership firm.
• Have the income of another individual, such as a spouse or minor child, if the income to be combined falls into any of the above categories.
Online ITR filing: Precautions
You must ensure that you have done the following in order to avoid problems when filing your return and receiving your refund:
• PAN and Aadhaar Linked.
• Pre-approved your bank account where you need to take your refund.
• Prior to filing, select the appropriate ITR; Otherwise filed returns will be considered defective, and you will be required to file a revised ITR on the appropriate form.
• File the return within the allotted timeframe.
• Confirm your return, you can select e-Verification (suggested choice- e-Verify Currently) is the simplest method for checking your ITR.