If you have received a new credit or debit card from your bank, you may not be able to transfer money online or offline without activating a particular functionality on the bank's mobile app. Most banks now toggle off the control limit of a card at the time of issuance. Users must first enable the controls to make online or offline transactions.
According to experts, this is done by the banks to enhance the safety of the cards and also to give users more control over them. It allows users to enable online and international transactions and set limits to these transactions.
How to activate debit or credit card for online transactions for various banks
State Bank of India
- Login on the YONO SBI App with your MPIN or user ID and password.
- On the home page navigate to the section "Quick Links" and move to "Service Request"
- Now choose the option "ATM/Debit Card". Here, enter your "Internet Banking Profile password" and click on submit.
- On successful submission, choose the "Manage Cards"
- Now select the account and debit card, from the drop-down menu and go to "Manage Usage"
- Here, you can drag the toggle to the right to allow e-commerce or international usage with your debit card.
- To confirm, you must authenticate the transaction by entering the one-time OTP sent on your registered mobile number and clicking "Submit".
- On successful activation, a confirmation SMS is sent to you.
Punjab National Bank
- Log in to the Internet Banking Account and go to the option "Debit Card Enable/Disable" under the tab "Value Added Services."
- On the next page, choose the relevant account number attached to the card from the drop-down and click on "Continue."
- On the next page, input the required details under fields, namely, Card Number, Expiry Date and Card Pin and then click on "Submit."
- On the next page, select from the options namely, ATM / POS /E-commerce by clicking on the radio button next to these services. Then click on "Continue."
- On the next page, enter the OTP as received on the Registered Mobile Number and click on "Submit". The last page will display the message of Debit Card preferences updated successfully.
Axis Bank shares slide 2.4% post Q4 results; what should investors do?
PNB Q1FY24 results: Net profit up 307% to Rs 1,255.4 cr YoY, GNPAs at 7.73%
PNB Q4 results: Net profit jumps over five-fold to Rs 1,159 crore
Rupay forex card out soon: Should you pick one over a credit/ debit card?
SBI Q1FY24 preview: Analysts see profit surging up to 169% YoY; here's why
Capitalise on the industry insight by investing in its sector fund
10 best manufacturing business ideas under 10 lakhs, check full list below
Strategies for saving more, buying insurance: Top personal finance stories
Explained: Why your ideal term cover should be 10-15 times your annual pay
55% of retail credit used for housing, education, car buys in last 2 years
- Axis Bank customers can go to the Axis mobile app and log in using their MPIN.
- Once logged in, click the "More" button at the bottom.
- A new page will open, and here click on the "Services" option.
- Then click on the "Debit Cards" option. After that, a new page will open. There will be an option called "Manage Usage", click on it.
- A new page will open, having two groups of options- Domestic and International.
- Within each groups (Domestic/International), there will be little boxes such as ATM Withdrawal, Contactless, E-commerce (Online), and POS.
- On each little box, click and increase or decrease the monetary transaction limit.
- Open the Digibank mobile banking app and log in using a password.
- Once logged in, click on the menu button, which is in the top left-hand corner.
- Go to "My Account" and click on it.
- Inside the "My Account" option, click on the "Debit Card" option. A page titled "Manage Debit Card" will open. Now click a button called "Card Use Settings."