The Supreme Court (SC)-constituted expert panel has noted that the Securities and Exchange of India (Sebi) has ‘hit a wall’ in establishing the ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs) behind the 13 foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) holding stakes in the listed companies of the Adani group.
In its investigation into possible violations of minimum public shareholding norms, Sebi has found 42 contributors spread across seven jurisdictions behind the 13 FPIs holding considerable stakes in Adani group firms.
The market regulator has been pursuing various avenues to ascertain the ownership pattern of these 42 contributors with assistance from domestic enforcement agencies and overseas regulators.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.