Last week, the Centre announced a subsidy under the Nutrient-based fertiliser subsidy regime for April-September 2023 (half year) and also revised it for January-March 2023.
According to the latest notification, there has been a sharp fall — to the tune of almost 81 per cent — in the per kilogram subsidy for nitrogen fertiliser during April-September 2023 compared to January-March 2023. This is mainly due to reduction in urea prices globally as well as domestically.
In the case of phosphorus, the fall has been less. For potassium and sulphur, the drop has been to the tune of 61 per cent and 16 per cent in per kilogram subsidy, respectively.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.