Private sector banks are on a hiring spree on the back of a revival in business growth and branch expansion — a trend that is likely to continue in the current financial year (2023-24, or FY24).
The two top private banks in the country added over 50,000 in employee headcount in 2022-23 (FY23).
HDFC Bank — the largest private sector lender in the country — onboarded 31,643 employees in FY23. ICICI Bank added 23,200 employees during the period.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.