The Airports Authority of India (AAI) plans to spend Rs 4,000 crore in 2023-24 (FY24) to build two greenfield airports and upgrade 23 existing ones. The planned capital expenditure (capex) will assist those Indian carriers that plan to add more than 130 planes in FY24 to handle the country’s air traffic boom. However, the FY24 capex will be 22.71 per cent lesser than the preceding financial year’s Rs 5,175 crore.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.