On the contours of the newly-widened, jet black layer of concrete on the highway, vendors and small shops go on about their day in the scorching May heat.
"This road used to be terrible earlier," a truck driver quips. "Barely any lane space, frequent traffic jams and potholes all around."
The Ghaziabad-Aligarh Expressway, touted by Union minister Nitin Gadkari as the key to unlocking the region's trade and commerce, is currently being widened from existing four lanes to six lanes.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.