The coming year or two are packed with a lot of global and macro events which will inject some bit of intermittent volatility, but these shouldn't be a concern for long-term investors, says Mrinal Singh, chief executive officer and chief investment officer, InCred Asset Management. In an interview with Abhishek Kumar in Mumbai, Singh advises investors to incrementally allocate towards equities as valuations have returned to normal levels. Edited Excerpts:
After the fourth quarter results, which segments of the market seem primed to outperform?
The earnings season has been a mixed bag. While technology companies have disappointed vis-à-vis expectations, sectors like manufacturing, healthcare, cement, and two-wheeler auto space have fared better in terms of volumes growth. There are green shoots of recovery in rural demand, which is likely to benefit rural heavy consumer staples
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.