The new administered pricing mechanism (or APM) gas-pricing formula caps the potential upside on gas costs and offers pricing stability for two years. This has meant price cuts and if passed onto consumers by city gas distributors (CGD) could boost demand slightly.
While share prices for the CGD players have responded favourably on the whole to change in policy, analysts have flagged the potential threat of EV (electric vehicle) penetration. This is more likely to impact Indraprastha Gas (IGL) in the short to medium term, given the relatively rapid adoption of EVs in Delhi, which is India’s largest vehicle market. The industrial segment will probably see a revival in volumes, however, going by the example of Gujarat.
In terms of financials, Mahanagar Gas (MGL) reported a strong January-March quarter performance for the 2022-23 financial year (Q4FY23) with Ebitda (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) an
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.