Adani Enterprises (AEL), the flagship firm of the trouble-hit Gautam Adani Group, could make it to the benchmark S&P BSE Sensex as the impending merger between HDFC Bank and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (HDFC Ltd) will open up one spot in the 30-share index. At present, no Adani Group stock is part of the Sensex, while AEL, along with Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone, is part of the Nifty50 index.
Meanwhile, LTIMindtree fills the space created by the HDFC Bank-HDFC Ltd merger in the Nifty50 Index.
Last week, the Reserve Bank of India provided forbearance and clarification sought by HDFC Group. With most regulatory approvals in place, the merger between the two financial sector behemoths is now expected to get completed in the next few months.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.