Shares of pharmaceutical companies to remain in spotlight following the index broke out of the “Inverse Head and Shoulder” pattern. While the broad trend bares weakness, the current formation may provide some respite.
Aurobindo Pharma, for instant, has conquered the key indicator, the 200-day moving average after August 2021. Zydus Lifesciences shares have gradually raising upward, with no impact of the overall stock market trend. Divi's Laboratories and Glenmark Pharmaceuticals are both firmly holding their fort over the 200-DMA.
Shares of NATCO Pharma soared over 2 per cent, while Glenmark Pharmaceuticals and Divi's Laboratories gained 1.74 per cent and 1.20 per cent, respectively, in comparison to the benchmark indices, which slipped close to 0.25 per cent.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Nifty Pharma index surpasses 200-DMA; Cipla, Granules can soar up to 15%
Pharma shares may turnaound soon; Cipla, Sun Pharma, Granules can gain 20%
Can Bira 91 deal trigger gains for alcohol stocks? Here's what charts say
Nifty Pharma dips to 7-mth low; bears may gain control if breaks 52-wk low
LIC, Indiabulls Housing Finance struggle on charts; HDFC eyes Rs 2,700-mark
Deadline for nomination for demat, trading accounts extended till Sept 30
Bandhan Bank crashes to 3-year low on asset quality concerns
PNC Infra rallies 8% on bagging Rs 819 crore highway project
Kalyan Jewellers tanks 11% on large block deal; over 39 mn shares exchanged
Inflation, rate hikes play market party poopers in FY23; smallcaps hit hard