Former Member of Parliament and Congress Research Department Chairman M V RAJEEV GOWDA tells Archis Mohan that the Congress party’s ‘five guarantees’ in Karnataka will help families offset the effects of inflation and income stagnation, especially those outside Bengaluru. He says the money transferred to families will re-circulate in the economy, increasing consumption-driven growth due to multiplier effects. Edited excerpts:
Why the five guarantees?
The five guarantees address widespread distress due to inflation, unemployment, and stagnant incomes. The price of every basic necessity has increased manifold under the Narendra Modi government. Households are unable to afford basic necessities. Women are significantly affected since they often manage household finances.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.